Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Fall

Just call me Grace. I may even change my name! To understand this post and truly picture it in your mind there are a few things you need to know.
1. I drive a Ford Expedition. It's big
2. The baby's seat is in the middle so I have to crawl in to get him in or out.
3. I am a big wus.

So, here are the events as they transposed. No names have been changed.
We arrived home from Boise yesterday afternoon tired and in a hurry to get inside because Diana was on her way over for dinner. First, Ady exited the vehicle. She came around to the other side of the truck just as Hayden was swinging his door open. WHAM! Right in the head. She is crying. I am loving her. Hayden gets out and runs into my open door. Kid #2 crying. I love him and hear Tayson crying that everyone has exited the vehicle and he is still strapped into his bucket. As usual, I go around and crawl in, sitting in Ady's seat to get him out. I pull him out and back out of the truck. As I step down, my ankle rolls and I first land on my butt, then feel my head and elbow crack on the cement. Luckily, Tayson landed on my stomach and was spared from contact with the cement. Kid #3 crying.
Ok. I'm not gonna lie. It hurt. I really thought I had broken my lower spine. My ankle hurt. My head hurt, and there was a tiny drop of blood squeezing it's way out of my elbow. Mom wanting to cry!
Next thing I know, Richard is standing over me looking down at me. Tayson is screaming and I want to die. I actually had to lay on the driveway for a few minutes and collect myself. I'm sure it was a great show for my neighbors.
So, needless to say, I am changing my name to Grace, as in Graceful. I'm sure I made that fall look smooth.
For the record, Grace is sore today!

3 comments:

  1. OMG! i hate to admit, but i'm laughing at the thought of you falling (only cuz i know you're not seriously hurt). hahahahahah!!! poopie pants!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoosh Kristi! Why can't I view your blog!

    ReplyDelete