Sunday, September 26, 2010

My Eternal Companion

I know the title sounds exactly like Dad. Maybe I am getting old like him! I don't know, but it was the only title that made sense for what was in my heart today.
Richard was actually home to go to church with us today. It has been months since we have sat in a Sacrament meeting together. Through the busy of fighting kids; Hayden moving all over and making Ady cry, Ady trying to mother Tayson and Tayson just wanting to be left alone, Tayson being his usual busy self just wanting to move and play, I looked over and saw Richard sitting there. I don't know how to describe the feeling of seeing your eternal companion (I know, Dad) sitting with you in church. Joy just surged through my soul as I looked at him. Suddenly, the kids and the noise and the craziness didn't matter anymore. I love worshipping with him by my side. It is so amazing to know that we can be together for eternity. There is no person I would rather be with than my Richard. There is heaven on earth. It is found in an eternal family that loves each other and works toward eternity together. I am so grateful for all the blessings in my life, and today, most of all, Richard.

1 comment:

  1. You totally sound like Dad! Hahahah! But! I'm glad you have a happy lil' life. You deserve it!!!

    ReplyDelete